- Install 7-Zip.
- Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\.
- Refer to the manual of the mod manager how to add the DynDOLOD/TexGen executables, for example Mod Organizer, Vortex. If the tools are started without setting a Game Mode with a command line argument, a message window will prompt for the desired Game Mode. Use the game launcher to set the current location of the game in the Windows Registry. See Windows Registry Key for more.
Use the x64 versions of DynDOLOD/TexGen. The x86 versions may run into memory errors especially with large texture resolution settings and are included in case a x86 OS is used. They are functionally identical, the only difference is the supported CPU architecture.
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022. Install .NET Runtime 6.
- Install either SKSE, SKSE64 or SKSEVR for the used game version according to their documentations.
- Install the Core Files from either DynDOLOD Resources or DynDOLOD Resources SE depending on the used game version as any other mod. Typically overwrite everything else unless another mod specifically instructs to overwrite DynDOLOD Resources. Refer to Load/Overwrite Orders for detailed explanations. Install other options as desired. In case of Enderal or Enderal SE the only useful options are the Low-Res LOD Textures and the Desync Birds of Prey.
- Install DynDOLOD DLL (overwrite DynDOLOD Resources with the DynDOLOD DLL Scripts) or PapyrusUtil (if available and desired) for the used game version according to their documentations.
Any resources or requirements that were installed need to stay active in the load order after LOD generation as well.
Make a clean save.
Uninstall TexGen output and DynDOLOD output as usual in the mod manager
Uninstall DynDOLOD Resources as usual in the mod manager.
Uninstall DynDOLOD DLL as usual in the mod manager in case it is installed.
Delete the folder that the DynDOLOD Standalone archive was unpacked to.